Friday, August 18, 2006

Cracked Front-View




I don't know.

What you ask?

Well, I don't know much of anything.

I don't know what I'll eat for breakfast. I don't know what I'll wear. I don't know if I'll wear my hat or if I'll fix my hair. (I realize that rhymed) I don't know what I want. I don't know how I'll pay for school, I don't know if I'll pass. I don't even know what to do with school. Learn; I guess that could be good but for what? School is a means to an end and the end is so blurred I can't even see it's shape, or form.

Does it even have one yet? What will it look like? Will it change as it grows closer? When will it come into focus?

Questions. No answers, no ideas, no thoughts, no real knowledge. There are only questions and uncertainty.

This is not entirely true. I have the certainty that The Lord Jesus Christ is my hope and salvation. I have certainty that the holy spirit still speaks. I have certainty that I deeply love my savior. I have certainty that I will face trials and that in them God will be glorified.

So I do know something. I have gained some knowledge.

7 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith-- 10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.

-Philippians 3:7-11 (ESV)

This is what I want. More than anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home